10554 Tanner Road, Houston, Texas 77041
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 9:00pm
Call Center Hours
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 9:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
Phone: (713) 726-7300
- Trash – Two Times a Week – Tuesday and Friday ( Curbside )
( Residents provide their own trash containers: 6 x 13 gallon bags or 2 x 45 gallon trash containers. No personal 95 gallon containers allowed for trash collection. )
- Heavy Trash – Every Friday ( Curbside )
- Recycling – Every Other Week on Friday ( With 95-gallon recycling cart, curbside. )
Trash/heavy trash needs to be curbside by 7 a.m. on the collection day.
Republic Services observes Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
The following items and materials Will NOT be accepted:
- Dead Animals
- Chemical Containers Over 5 (five) Gallons
- Nuclear/radioactive waste
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Pool Chemicals
- Power Steering Fluid
- Propane Tanks
- Ammunition or Explosives
- Chemicals not in original containers
- Unidentified Chemicals
- Flammable Chemicals
- Paint/Paint Cans
- Transmission Fluid
- Used Oil Filters
- Medical Waste
- Cross Ties – if full length (3-4 ft. length acceptable)
Heavy Trash Collection
Acceptable Heavy Trash Items
Refrigerators must have Freon drained and be tagged accordingly by a certified technician. Hot water heaters must be drained.
- Grills must be emptied of ash or briquettes. No propane tanks.
- Live Christmas trees.
- Cardboard and Packing Peanuts. Cardboard boxes must be broken down flat and placed at the curb. Packing peanuts may not be offered loose, they must be bagged. Drivers will not clean up packing peanut spills.
- Yard Waste ( Up to 6 Bags or Bundles ). Bush and tree trimmings cut in lengths not to exceed 4 feet, limbs no greater than 4 inches in diameter, securely tied in bundles, not to exceed 50 lbs.
- All grass clippings and leaves must be bagged.
No tree trunks.
Unacceptable Heavy Trash Items
- Sheetrock or Drywall
- Tree Trunks
- Water Softeners
- Steel or Cast Iron Building Material
- Carpet and Tile
- Dirt in Large Quantities
- Construction Debris
- Pool Filters
- Lawn Mowers
- Roofing Materials
- Sheet Rock
- Construction debris to include materials generated from construction, remodeling, tree removal or landscaping, but not limited to lumber, plywood, drywall, carpeting, and other flooring materials, tile, roofing material, sheet rock, tree stumps and soil.
Acceptable Recycling Items:
( All Materials Must Be Empty, Clean and Dry. No Food Residue )
- Aluminum food and beverage containers – aluminum soda and beer cans, pet food cans, etc.
- Ferrous cans – soup, coffee cans, etc.
- E.T. plastic containers with the symbol #1 – no microwave trays
- D.P.E. natural plastic containers with the symbol #2 – milk jugs and water jugs containers only (remove the caps)
- D.P.E. pigmented plastic containers with the symbol #2 – detergent, shampoo, bleach bottles (remove the caps); butter and margarine tubs
- Polypropylene plastic food and beverage containers symbol #5 – yogurt containers
- Mixed Paper
- Residential Office Paper
- Kraft Paper Bags
- Old Corrugated Containers (OCC) – no wax coated
- Magazines (OMG) – Coated magazines, catalogues and similar printed materials, junk mail, and soft cover books
Plastics – Look for the recycling triangle with #1, #2 or #5 inside the triangle.
Unacceptable Recycling Items:
- Yard waste
- Pizza boxes
- Any liquids
- Plastic bags
- Plastic containers with #3, #4, #6, or #7 on them or no # at all
- Mirrors, window or auto glass, light bulbs, ceramics
- Oil or antifreeze containers
- Coat hangers
- Paint cans
- Medical Waste/Sharps
- Any material that is not on the Accepted Material list
- Any Acceptable Material that is no longer acceptable due to its coming into contact with or being contaminated by Unacceptable Material.
For replacement of a damaged recycling bin, please call Republic Services Customer Service ( 713 / 726-7300 ).
For Harris County Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Information: www.hchhw.org.